Abuti Rams Consultancy (ARC) in partnership with Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) will implement Tsogo Road Safety Programme with 600 participants in 4 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Northern Cape) in the South Africa. The aim of the 4-month programme is to address the minimal road safety knowledge and explore the best practices amongst youth which increases their vulnerability towards road fatalities but also expose them to the opportunities within the road transport sector.
Principal to the implementation of Tsogo Road Safety Programme is the mass public awareness and participation within road safety and transport sector. This will be done in a form of capacity building workshops within 4 provinces in South African rural and township communities. The key objectives of the programme are to:
– Increase awareness on road safety and road transport sector amongst the youth;
– Conscientise and expose out-of-school youth to internship and graduate opportunities within the road transport sector; and
– Capacitate SMMEs with relevant skills within the road transport sector to participate meaningfully in the local economic growth.
Below are the dates of the first phase of the programme:
– Northern Cape (Galeshewe in Kimberly) – 24 & 25 July 2018
– Mpumalanga (Carolina at Chief Albert Luthuli Municipality) – 1 & 2 August 2018
– Gauteng (City of Tshwane at Bronkhorstspruit) – 7 & 8 August 2018
– Limpopo (Polokwane) – 14 & 15 August 2018
Some of the stakeholders supporting the programme include Road Accident Fund (RAF), Rtia-Aarto and Cross Border Road Transport Agency (C-BRTA).
Abuti Rams Consultancy
+27 12 771 4705